Sunday, February 23, 2020

February 23rd, 2020: First post

Hello, welcome to Alan Dunaway's Game Development blog, where I, Alan Dunaway, talk about my development on my games.
I'm currently developing a text adventure game, with no name as of yet.
I started development on January 31st, and since then, I have made some progress, but I still need to do a lot more.
The game is a text adventure game made in ADRIFT 5, and happens in a cyberpunk environment, with a city divided by levels. Let me tell you a bit about it:
Synopsys:
You(the protagonist) are a netrunner, who, after a failed heist, decided to leave your hometown. Three years later, you return and see it changed a lot. Now, you decide to make it to the top, no matter the consequences.

My planned features for it:
30 main missions spanning four story arcs/episodes(may be increased with addons);
50 sidequests around the city;
Full time system;
Money system;
Various stores for you to buy things;
Buy properties and stakes in businesses;
A cast of characters with peculiarities, quirks, personalities, schedules and topics to talk about. They can be machines and humans;
Lots of good puzzles;
AI controlling everything on the game, such as character schedules, doors opening and closing, called by me AI Director, or Director AI;

For now, here is what is in the game:
Eight main missions, two introductory and six for the first episode;
One side mission that's being redone;
Full city map with 5 levels plus a basement level;
Full time system;
Money system;
Partial realty system, as in, only one building can be bought right now;
AI Director started;

Bugs I need to fix:
Not earning the mission 1 reward until the player leaves the location by typing "out" and pressing ENTER: still haven't come up with a solution for this. I guess it's not so impactful, so I'll leave it alone for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment